When the weather gets hot and we spend our days at the beach, getting brunch, or just enjoying the outdoors, no one wants to spend time messing with their hair. Summer hairstyles should be easy, look effortlessly beachy, and take you from day to night, but this can be tough to pull off after a day on the boat or during high-humidity conditions.
Check out these expert tips from Elle to help you maintain healthy, smooth, and beautiful hair this summer:
- Wear a hat or scarf to protect your hair from sun damage
- Hydrate – your hair gets thirsty too! You can do this by applying a mask a few times a week or visit us at the salon for a Conditioning Treatment!
- Continue to use your winter moisturizing shampoo and conditioner – your hair still needs that extra moisture! Our Oribe Gold Lust Repair and Restore Conditioneris a great option.
- Try to avoid using hot tools as much as possible to prevent unnecessary damage.
Lake hair, don't care!
We caught up with our stylist + makeup artist + lash artist, Taylar, on her favorite go-to summer look. If you’re looking for a style that works for an afternoon on the boat or a late-night patio date, these Mini Half-Up Pigtails work for any hair length and are oh-so-cute!
Create The Look
Taylar shares her steps:
- I started with a looser wave, but this style can be done with straight hair as well.
- Then, I sectioned out my front face-framing pieces & clipped them away.
- Using a tail comb, I took a triangle section of hair from my temple to my crown - meeting at my part.
- Using an elastic, I tied this section of hair and pulled it apart to my liking. Do the same with the other side and voila!
- For added volume & texture, you can tease the base of the ponytail.
- To elevate this look even more, try wrapping a piece of hair around the elastic to hide it.”
KEVIN.MURPHY Products Used
“I used ANTI.GRAVITY on damp hair before blow drying to add texture and volume to my roots. After curling, I used YOUNG.AGAIN oil on my ends to add shine and make my curls more ‘piecey’. Once the ponies were in, I used DOO.OVER to add texture, volume, and a bit of hold.”
Be sure to try out Taylar’s adorable hairstyle and tag us on Instagram @heat_the_studio to show us your rendition of the Mini Half-Up Pigtails!